Today (May 15) is National Chocolate Chip Day! Razz and JJ Scordo are sharing some special recipes featuring chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Mama Scordo's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Cream butter, Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a tablespoon to drop rounded cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Mrs. Razz’s Dairy Free Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup organic baking flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt finely ground
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of earth balance or any vegan butter/margarine replacement
- ½ cup organic light brown sugar
- ½ cup organic white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Enjoy Life dairy free dark chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets with Crisco plant based. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in one bowl.
In a separate bowl, cream together earth balance, brown and white sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients then add oats and chocolate chips.
Drop by the teaspoonful onto baking sheets aprox. 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350 degrees F oven or until lightly browned.
Leave cookies on sheet to cool for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.
Should make approximately 3 dozen cookies. Enjoy!