New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced today that gyms in the Garden State can reopen on September 1st at 25% capacity.
Other precautions and masks will be required at all times.
According to NJ.com, here are some of the restrictions,
- Restrictions on indoor group activities (such as cycling classes) to one person for every 200 square feet of space in the room.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times inside the gym.
- Equipment must be six feet apart.
- People must sign a form when they enter the gym that says they will adhere to the safety guidelines.
- Gyms must keep a log of workers and clients, including names and phone numbers, so the information could be made available to contact tracers in the event there’s a COVID-19 exposure at the facility.