Governor Phil Murphy stated he would have major announcements during today’s (Monday, April 27) COVID-19 briefing.
New Jersey can expect several changes to indoor and outdoor capacity limits throughout the state effective May 10, 2021.
“Should our public health metrics continue to trend as they have been, we would hope to increase this limit yet again before Memorial Day,” Murphy shared to Twitter.
BREAKING: Effective May 10th, the general outdoor gathering limit will increase to 500 individuals.— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) April 26, 2021
Should our public health metrics continue to trend as they have been, we would hope to increase this limit yet again before Memorial Day. pic.twitter.com/pvZmdmkYWn
Effective May 10, 2021:
- Indoor room capacities for the following will increase to 50% with a maximum of 250 individuals:
- Private catered events (weddings and school proms)
- Memorial Services
- Political Events
- The general outdoor gathering limit will increase to 500 individuals.
- Outdoor capacity for large venues (1,000 or more fixed seats) will increase to 50%- with six feet of distance between seated groups.
- Outdoor carnivals and fairs are permitted t operate at 50% capacity.
- The Department of Education and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education will issue specific prom and graduation guidance later today.
You can watch the COVID-19 briefing below.