This May the 4th, Chewy has two fun ways pet parents and pets can celebrate their love of Star Wars. The pet product company is hosting their first ever Chewy casting call that will be open to pets and pet parents nationwide. Does your pet look like Chewbacca? If they do they may just get to star in Chewy’s next Star Wars campaign! The lucky chosen Chewie lookalike will receive a custom photoshoot and star in Chewy’s next Star Wars campaign, and they’ll win fun items from Chewy’s Star Wars collection and Chewy’s Personalized Shop, along with framed professional photos from their photoshoot.
Interested in entering? Here’s how:
How to Enter the Chewy Casting Call:
- Share a photo of your Chewie-lookalike pet on social media
- Tag @Chewy
- Use the hashtags: #ChewyCastingCall and #Maythe4thBeWithYou
Submissions will be accepted during the month of May.
That’s not all, Chewy also is releasing their Chewy Star Wars collection with everything from toys and apparel to bowls and beds that are available only at Chewy. Through May 5, pet parents will receive $10 off when they spend $25 on Star Wars items. Items from the collections include a fluffy Chewbacca dog toy, flying Millennium Falcon cat toy, ultra-cute The Mandalorian Grogu bed and an imperial Darth Vader hoodie. Check out the collection below:
Pets and Chewbacca may even have more in common than you think:
- Chewbacca and the Wookiees™ were inspired by Star Wars creator, George Lucas’ furry best friend, Indiana, an Alaskan Malamute dog.
- Several animals have been known to resemble Star Wars characters, especially Chewbacca, including dog breeds like Shih Tzus, Brussels Griffons and Briards.
- Over 16,000 Chewy customers have named their pets after Star Wars characters with Chewie and Chewbacca as popular choices. The top 10 names include: 1.) Luke 2.) Leia 3.) Chewie 4.) Kylo 5.) Yoda 6.) Chewbacca 7.) Anakin 8.) Princess Leia 9.) Kylo Ren 10.) Han Solo