It’s pretty dark out there with the treat of severe storms this afternoon and several school districts are dismissing early in anticipation of the storms expected to hit the area this afternoon.
Lee Robertson, meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Mount Holly, New Jersey, said a cold front bringing the rainfall to the region is expected to come to the Bucks County area between 3 and 6 p.m. “We are pretty certain that a very strong line of thunderstorms will move into the area this afternoon,” he said.
The storms could bring hail, isolated tornadoes and high wind gusts to the area.
Here is a list of the early dismissals so far:
- Chester Community Charter School (Delaware) – Closing at 12:00 PM.
- Kennett Consolidated School District (Chester) – Closing 2 Hours early.
- Octorara Area School District (Chester) – Closing 2 Hours early. No Afternoon School Activities.
- Pottsgrove School District (Montgomery) – Closing 1 Hour early.
- Quakertown Christian School (Bucks) – Closing at 12:00 PM. No Afternoon School Activities.
- Tredyffrin-Easttown School District (Chester) – No PM Kindergarten.
- Upper Perkiomen School District (Montgomery) – Closing 2 Hours early. No Afternoon School Activities.