Click HERE to see a photo gallery of the resort.
Barbados Trip Giveaway 2021 – TEXT
Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to the 92.5 XTU’s Barbados Trip Giveaway (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WXTU-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at 925xtu.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on July 26, 2021 and end on August 13, 2021.
- To enter, listen to the Station beginning on Monday, July 26, 2021 and ending on Friday, August 13, 2021 at approximately 8:00am Eastern Time (“ET”), 12:00pm ET, and 4:00pm ET on weekdays for the announcement of a unique Contest keyword (“Keyword”). Each announcement will have a unique Keyword. Once an entrant hears the Keyword, entrant may enter via the following method:
- Text the Keyword to 215-263-6700 (the “Short Code”). Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry. Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner.
- Only one (1) per person per Keyword is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. The deadline to enter each Keyword is thirty minutes after the Keyword is announced. Any text message or online entries received after the entry deadline or any text message or online entries with the incorrect Keyword will be disqualified.
- There will be up to a total of three (3) winners selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest who are legal US residents and reside in PA, NJ, or DE, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Each prize is consisting of a four-day/three-night 5-Star Luxury Included® Vacation for two (2) adults to any of the fifteen Sandals Resorts listed below, with locations in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and Grenada with round-trip coach airfare for two (2) adults through American Airlines.
These Sandals Resorts include:
Sandals Montego Bay - Montego Bay, Jamaica
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island - Montego Bay, Jamaica
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa - Negril, Jamaica
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Sandals Royal Plantation, Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Sandals South Coast - Westmoreland, Jamaica
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort - Gros-Islet, Saint Lucia
Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia - Castries, Saint Lucia
Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa - Castries, Saint Lucia
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa - St. John’s, Antigua
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island - Nassau, Bahamas
Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis & Spa Resort - Exuma, Bahamas
Sandals Grenada Resort & Spa - St. George’s, Grenada
Sandals Barbados - St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados
Sandals Royal Barbados - St. Lawrence Gap, Barbados
Estimated Retail Value Accommodations = $3,250
Estimated Retail Value of Airfare= $1,000
Estimated Total Retail Value of accommodations and round-trip coach airfare for two adults = $4,250 (“Sandals Prize Package”)
- Sandals Resorts is a 5-Star Luxury Included® romantic, adults-only resort destination exclusively for couples. Prize winner and travel companion must be 18 years or older.
- The Sandals Prize Package includes:
- Luxurious accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy, king-sized bed), all meals, unlimited premium liquors, daily & nightly entertainment, land and water sports, including daily SCUBA diving (for certified divers only), snorkeling, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, resort gratuities, resort taxes and Sandals transfers to and from the resort’s designated airport and
- Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) adults valid to/from the nearest major U.S. gateway to resort’s designated airport. The tickets are valid until August 15, 2022 and are subject to availability and black-out periods. Flights will be on mutually approved dates. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, originating from the same airport. Flights and airlines are subject to change and availability. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
- “Exclusions” – car rental, personal charges, incidental, telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, room services, meals outside of the selected and/or designated resort, island departure taxes, purchases made at the Sandals Specialty Shops, baggage fees and customs duties are not included.
- NOTE: The accommodations portion of the Prize Package is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. It is the responsibility of PHILADELPHIA WXTU to inform the prizewinner(s) that reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of PHILADELPHIA WXTU to inform the prizewinner(s) that airfare reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
- The Prize Package must be redeemed for travel within one year from August 15, 2021 – August 15, 2022 and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the Prize Package has expired. If the Prize Package is not redeemed, the Prize Package will be forfeited.
- Substitution of Resort: UTC reserves the right to substitute the designated resort for another resort in the resort’s chain in a similar category or to substitute air carriers (where applicable) and to change dates without prior notice should circumstances so require. The terms and conditions agreed to shall apply with equal applicability to any resort which is the subject of substitution or deviation. UTC nor Sandals Resorts shall be liable for any claim made whatsoever, including but not limited to loss, compensation, or refund by reason of such substitution or deviation.
- PHILADELPHIA WXTU confirms that Unique Travel Corp. is the Sandals Prize Package Provider “only”..
- PHILADELPHIA WXTU will ensure that prizewinner(s) confirms and represent that he/she has complied with all the rules and regulations of the Promotion, and he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion.
- PHILADELPHIA WXTU will ensure that the prizewinner(s), his/her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby waive, and release any and all rights, claims, and causes of action whatsoever he/she may have against the Sandal Prize Package Provider now or in the future arising out of his/her participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance and utilization of the Sandals Prize Package that he/she has won, or the exercise of any rights granted herein.
- Any federal, state and/or local taxes applicable to the Sandals Prize Package will be the prizewinner(s) responsibility to pay. Prizewinner will receive from the PHILADELPHIA WXTU and/or its designee an IRS Form 1099 (or similar) in the amount of the Sandals Prize Package. Sandals Prize Package Provider, nor any of its affiliates will provide any IRS Form 1099 or similar.
The following additional provisions should be brought to the attention of the prizewiner(s):
- COVID-19: A respiratory virus, called Covid19, has been identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness that began in December 2019 in the city of Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Additional cases have been identified in other countries. The prize winner can find updated information on the Center for Disease Control’s The health and safety of resort guests is a priority. Prior to entering the designated Resort, all guests will be administered a no-touch thermal scan to screen for fever. Anyone with any fever (≥38 C°/100.4 F°) will not be allowed to enter the Resort. There is a risk in entry regardless of temperature checks, and all guests enter at their own risk and shall be advised as follows: If you experience any symptoms of any illness while at the Resort, please stay in your room and contact the Medical Center. Consultation charges will be waived. If you develop symptoms after leaving the Resort, see a doctor right away and advise the Resort. All guests shall further have to acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Unique and Sandals Resorts International Limited, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
- On Resort Testing at Sandals Resorts (“Only while this campaign is in effect; subject to removal at Sandals Resorts discretion without notice”)
Sandals Resorts is offering complimentary COVID-19 testing to all registered guests across its Sandals Resorts properties prior to their departure. Tests will be conducted by certified medical professionals with guests’ convenience top of mind with appointments being offered with minimal distraction to the overall vacation experience. Tests will be done within 72 hours before guests’ departure, and test results will be available within 24 hours.
- Travel Protection Plan – Insurance On Us - (“Only while this campaign is in effect; subject to removal at Sandals Resorts discretion without notice”)
Sandals Resorts have added a new Travel Protection Plan - Insurance On Us powered by Trip Mate that will be purchased on behalf of guests. The plan offers couples expanded medical benefits during their resort stay.
What the Travel Protection Plan - Insurance On Us covers:
- Medical expenses incurred as part of a treatment for illness, condition and/or accident. COVID-19 is treated the same as any other sickness.
- Transportation expenses to the nearest facility capable of providing treatment for a sickness or injury that is acute, severe or life-threatening. Transportation expenses to return home are also covered following an emergency medical evacuation (or a covered injury or sickness). Maximum Benefit of $100,000 Per Person
- There is no exclusion for pre-existing conditions.
- If a guest’s travel plans are delayed due to the guest being quarantined, the Travel Protection Plan - Insurance Is On Us reimburses expenses for additional accommodations, meal and local transportation. Maximum Benefit $200 Per Day, Per Person and up to $2,800
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for eligibility.
- Expanded insurance coverage for Emergency Medical Evacuations. Additional $50,000 per person
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses. Additional $75,000 per person
- If a guest’s travel plans are delayed due to the guest being quarantined, the Supplemental Travel Protection Plan - Insurance Is On Us covers up to an additional $2,050 per person Maximum.
- Compliance with Government Entities: The Sandals Prize Package Provider, its affiliates, and parent as well as Sandals Resorts International Limited and/or Resort related entities shall have the right to comply with any and all orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any government entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority, and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of the Agreement or any agreement entitling the guests to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER: THE SANDALS PRIZE PACKAGE PROVIDES FOR THE EXCLUSIVE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES THROUGH INDIVIDUAL LEGAL ACTION AND SUPERSEDES ANY LAW ENTITLING GUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER PRECLUDES GUEST FROM PARTICIPATING IN OR BEING REPRESENTED IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION REGARDING ANY CLAIM BROUGHT UNDER AS A RESULT OF ACCEPTANCE OF THE SANDALS PRIZE PACKAGE. EVEN IF APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE, GUEST AGREES THAT ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT AGAINST UNIQUE WHATSOEVER SHALL BE LITIGATED BY GUEST INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OR AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION, AND GUEST EXPRESSLY AGREES TO WAIVE AUTHORITY TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS. IF GUEST'S CLAIM IS SUBJECT TO LEGAL PROCEEDING UNDER FOREIGN SELECTION AND CHOICE OF LAW PROVISIONS OF THE UNIQUE TRAVEL CORP. - TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE GUEST FURTHER AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER IS MATERIAL AND ESSENTIAL TO THE PROCEEDING OF ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND IS NON-SEVERABLE FROM THE AGREEMENT TO ANY CLAIMS HEREIN. THE VALIDITY AND EFFECT OF THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER MAY BE DETERMINED ONLY BY A JUDGE OR COURT OF LAW. GUEST AGREES THAT THIS SECTION SHALL NOT BE SEVERABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FROM THE FORUM SELECTION AND CHOICE OF LAW PROVISION SET FORTH IN THE UNIQUE TRAVEL CORP. – TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Guest agrees that the parties referenced in FOREIGN SELECTION AND CHOICE OF LAW PROVISIONS OF THE UNIQUE TRAVEL CORP. – TERMS AND CONDITOINS that may be the subject of any claim by Guest can receive immediate judicial assistance to enforce this class action waiver.
- Email spam laws:
PHILADELPHIA WXTU will abide by all spam laws in regard to any and all emails and email blast sent. The Company further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Unique Travel Corp, its subsidiaries, affiliated corporations and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successor, assigns and any supplier mentioned within an email sent on behalf of Unique Travel Corp from and against all liability, damages, loss, cost or expense including but not limited to reasonable legal fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with the failure of the PHILADELPHIA WXTU to comply with the violation or alleged violation of the Can-SPAM Act for U.S. based emails or the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”) for Canadian based emails or addresses.
ALL Opt-ins provided by PHILADELPHIA WXTU (when applicable) shall consist only of the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of individual who expressly opted in to receive telephone and email communications from UTC and/or Sandals Resorts and that for the purposes of this section, a recipient will only be considered to have expressly opted in to receive telephone and email communications from UTC and/or Sandals Resorts if they took an active step to affirmatively agree to receive such communications and UTC and/or Sandals Resorts was specifically identified at the time consent was given. PHILADELPHIA WXTU shall further agree to maintain and retain adequate proof that each lead expressly opted in to receive telephone and email communications from UTC and/or Sandals Resorts, which proof must consist, at minimum, of records showing the manner in which such consent or express opt-in was obtained, and the time that such consent or express opt-in was obtained.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed as described by the Station at the time of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to three (3) Prize winners will be selected as follows:
- Up to one (1) Prize winner will be selected at approximately 8:00am ET on the following dates in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible combined text message entries with the correct Keyword received the prior week (Monday-Friday): August 2, 2021, August 9, 2021, and August 16, 2021.
- Non-selected text message will not automatically rollover into subsequent random drawings in the Contest. Entrants must re-enter to be considered for subsequent random drawings.
- Potential Prize winner will be notified by phone promptly following the random drawing. Potential Prize winner must answer the notification phone call on the first attempt to be eligible to claim the Prize. If the potential Prize winner does not answer the notification phone call on the first attempt, he/she will be disqualified, and the Station may select an alternate Prize winner from all remaining combined text entries received the prior week.
- Odds of winning depend on the number combined text message entries received for each random drawing.
- Entrants must listen to the Station for the Contest Keywords but need not be present to win.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at 925xtu.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 401, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.