We have all witnessed the transformation that takes place when we are faced with a challenge like Breast Cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and 92.5 XTU wants to celebrate the spirit and courage of the brave warriors in our lives.
You can nominate a warrior by submitting their story to firstname.lastname@example.org and your nominee could be selected to join us for a virtual celebration luncheon with a special performance from recording artist Ashley McBryde happening Monday, November 2nd at 2pm.
See below for how to submit a nomination and for official contest rules.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support.
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION ENTRY:
Enter by nominating a warrior via email at email@example.com during the contest period no later than Monday, October 26, 2020 by 12:00pm.
Share an uplifting, positive story about courage and spirit of a breast cancer warrior including those who are currently in the fight and tell us why we should select them to be invited and celebrated at our event.
The nomination must include the breast cancer warrior’s first name, last name, city and state of residence, their email address and their daytime telephone number in order to be considered. Also you must put CELEBRATION in the subject line of your email entry please.
The nominated warrior must reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware in order to be considered.
Warriors may nominate themselves. Each warrior may only have one nomination entry.
The warrior chosen to be a part of the event will be chosen by a panel of XTU judges. Not all nomination entries will be selected to be part of the event.
By submitting your nomination entry you are allowing XTU to broadcast your nomination entry over the air.
Nomination entry period begins on Monday, October 7, 2020 and ends on Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12:00pm.
If a nominee is selected to be in attendance and a part of the celebration event a representative of the XTU promotions department will contact the nominee directly with all details about the event. Entry deadline is Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12:00pm.
For official contest rules please see below.
WXTU-FM – 2020 Celebration Event Luncheon – Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to 92.5 WXTU FM’s Celebration Event Luncheon Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WXTU-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at Station’s website apply to this contest.
The Celebration Event Contest will begin Wednesday, October 7, 2020 and end on Monday, October 26, 2020 (“Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
To enter the Promotion, entrant may enter by emailing an entry beginning on October 7, 2020 at 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12:00pm ET (the “Entry Period”) as follows:
Enter by nominating a warrior via email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the contest period. Share an uplifting, positive story about courage and spirit of a breast cancer warrior including those who are currently in the fight and tell us why we should select them to be celebrated at our event. The nomination must include the breast cancer warrior’s first and last name, city and state of residence, their email address and their daytime telephone number. The nominated warrior must reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware in order to be considered. Warriors may nominate themselves. Each warrior may only have one nomination entry. Emails will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of a nomination entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Promotion administrator. An XTU panel of judges will select the warriors that will be attending and a part of the celebration. Not all nomination entries will be selected to attend and or be part of the event. By submitting your nomination entry you are allowing XTU to broadcast your nomination entry over the air. Nomination entry period begins on Monday, October 7, 2020 and ends on Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12pm. If a nominee is selected to be in attendance and a part of the celebration event a representative of the XTU promotions department will contact the nominee directly with all details on the event. Entry deadline is Friday, October 30, 2020 at 12pm.
- Up to Twenty Five (25) nomination entries will be selected by a panel of judges from the radio station.
- Selected nominees will be chosen to attend the XTU Virtual Celebration Event on Monday, November 2, 2020. This event is not open to the public and is by invitation only.
- The promotions department will contact all chosen nominees with all information on attending the event and the chosen nominee must confirm acceptance of attending the event when they are called or risk disqualification and selection of a new nominee. Chosen nominees will be contacted on or about Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- All nomination submissions are part of this Promotion must be the original creative work of the nominating person and must not contain any copyrighted materials or any other materials which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by federal, state or local laws. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any nomination entry if such nomination entry contains illegal, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit content, or otherwise offensive material such as aberrational behavior, graphic violence or drug abuse, or if such nomination entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing or posting via the Internet. The nomination entry may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. Station reserves the right to edit the nomination entry. The nomination entries that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Promotion. All entrants must agree to the Station’s online submission release in order to submit his or her nomination entry. Entrants must have permission of any individuals named in their Statement Entry.
- In order to be eligible for a prize, the Nominee must agree to participate and to sign the Station’s winner’s release form. The Station may announce the name and read the nomination entry of the selected and or chosen Nominee and post the nomination entry without the Nominee’s permission.
- An entrant may only submit one (1) nomination during the Entry Period regardless if entrant has more than one email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. There will be up to a total of five (5) winners selected in the Promotion.
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware within the Philadelphia metro survey area (as defined by Nielsen audio) except void where prohibited by law. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Winners will be disqualified if they have won a Beasley Media Group, Inc. (WMMR/WMGK/WBEN-FM/WPEN/) prize valued at One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) or greater in the past 365 days. Employees (including their immediate families and members of the same household) of Beasley Media Group, Inc., MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper Hospital, their respective affiliates, any other promotion sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies who do business with 92.5 WXTU-FM or any of the promotion sponsors, and other radio stations in the Philadelphia metro survey area are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
- Maximum one (1) prize of attendance at the Celebration Luncheon Event per person and per household during the Contest Period. Void where prohibited.
Selected nominees will win the prize of an invitation for the nominee to attend the Virtual Celebration Event. The Celebration Event is on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 2:00pm EST. The event will include a private performance by recording artist Ashley McBryde. The Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $50.00.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $50.00.
- Up to twenty five (25) prizes will be awarded in the Promotion. Each prize is an invitation for the Nominee to attend the Virtual Celebration Luncheon Event. The Celebration Event is on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 2:00pm EST. The event will include a private performance by recording artist Ashley McBryde. The Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $50.00.
Unless otherwise specified, all prizes must be claimed at the office of the Station located at WXTU – FM, One Bala Plaza, Suite 401, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 Monday-Friday, during regular business hours of 9am – 5pm and excluding holidays. Prize(s) or prize certificate must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to twenty five (25) nominees will be selected as attendees at the event.
- On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at approximately 10:00am ET, twenty five (25 potential attendees will be selected by a panel of WXTU Judges from all entries received. The WXTU Promotions department will contact the chosen winners with information about the event on Monday, November 2, 2020. Confirmed and verified nominee winners must confirm their attendance no later than 10:00am ET on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 or other nominee winners will be selected.
- The potential nominee winners will be notified by telephone promptly following his/her selection in decision process.
- Odds of winning a the prize depend upon in part upon the number and order of entries received. Entrants do not have to listen to the Station to win and need not be present to win.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
See Attachment A below – “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at 925xtu.com
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 401, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc.’s radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website. If there is a conflict between these General Contest Rules and the Rules for a specific Contest, the Rules for the specific Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
- Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified, winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received or the relative performance of each contestant.
- a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
- Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
- By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
- Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
- The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
- The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
- Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry if it learns that it was submitted by any contestants under the age of 13.
- No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- The Station cannot be held responsible for allegations of telephone malfunctions. The Station is not responsible for callers lost or disconnected before completing his or her prize claim. When a caller is lost or disconnected prior to broadcast, the Station can, at its discretion, select the next eligible caller received to win/participate. The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure or service interruptions. The Station is not responsible for any carrier or server delays or failures.
- TEXT CONTESTS
- You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By initiating a text message to the Station in this contest, you also expressly consent to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service.
- Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry.
- c. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a valid government-issued ID).
- All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to the designated short code when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at any time.
- Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest.
- The Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
- WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
- WHEN CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND OTHERS
- Use of multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or other social medial accounts to enter contests is prohibited and will result in nullifying all votes from these accounts and /or disqualification from the contestant. The penalty will be determined at the sole discretion of the judge(s).
- FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in photo and/or video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo and/or video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo and/or video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on the Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Station(s), Beasley Media Group, Inc., its parent companies, its subsidiaries, their affiliated entities, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and all of their successors and assigns harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo and/or video entry.
- FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Contest’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the Contest.
- For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the Contest.