The Mega Millions multi-state lottery gives you a chance to win millions of dollars a couple times a week. If you want to boost your chance of winning, read on. We have some great tips that include:
- What numbers are most likely to be drawn
- What numbers NOT to choose
- How many tickets you should buy
Of course, that enormous prize comes with incredibly tiny odds. But, let’s face it. Life is expensive and it is not getting any cheaper. Whether you are single, in a relationship, have kids or not, you hate to throw money out the window. But seeing it come in that window is oh, so nice. The information below is data shared by both Powerball-MegaMillions and Mega Millions.
What Is Mega-Millions Lottery?
- Mega Millions is a multi-state lottery available to play in 45 US states, the District of Columbia, and the US Virgin Islands.
- To play, you choose 5 numbers between 1 and 70, plus a Mega Ball which only goes up to 25.
- Mega Ball is drawn two times per week, Tuesdays and Fridays at 11pm Eastern Time.
What Is the Megaplier?
The Megaplier is a way for your to increase your winnings by a certain percent. Before each drawing, a Megaplier ball is drawn. If your numbers don’t hit the jackpot but do match enough to win you some money, and you’ve upped the ante by buying the Megaplier, your winnings will increase 2, 3, 4, or 5 times what they would be if you didn’t buck up for the Megaplier.
What are My Odds?
The odds of winning any Mega Millions Lottery prize are 1 in 24.
What If I Die Before I Get My Winnings?
I always thought you were just out of luck, but according to Mega Millions, the 29-year annuity will continue to be paid to your estate until it is completely paid off.