From Mulled Gin to Moscow Mule’s, Wren Kitchens has revealed their top six festive favorite beverages which are guaranteed to get the party started.
All six cocktails are easy to make and will get you in the Christmas spirit.
1 liter apple juice
1tsp runny honey
1 cinnamon stick
4 juniper berries
2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
Lemon and pear slices and bay leaves for garnish
– Divide the gin between eight heatproof glass mugs.
– Pour the apple juice into a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Heat until simmering, then strain the mixture into a jug.
– Pour the mixture into the glasses with the gin and stir gently.
– Using the lemon or pear slices and bay leaves, garnish the glass and serve.
500ml full-fat milk
6 large eggs
350ml double cream
300ml rum, bourbon (or a mixture of both, dependent on preference)
150g caster sugar
Grated nutmeg and cinnamon, to taste
– Separate your egg whites from the yolk. Pour the egg whites into a container and freeze until you’re ready to serve your eggnog.
– Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with 2/3 (100g) of the caster sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and thick.
– Stir in the milk, double cream, and rum/bourbon. At this point you can add your nutmeg or cinnamon.
– Pour your mixture into secure bottles with stoppers and store in your fridge. You can store this for up to two weeks.
– When ready to serve, defrost your egg whites into a clean glass bowl. Whisk your egg whites until foamy and opaque. Add the remaining 1/3 (50g) of caster sugar and continue to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form when you remove the whisk.
– Pour the eggnog from the pint bottles into a large bowl. Fold in the egg whites until well-combined.
– Pour the eggnog into tumblers using a ladle and serve with nutmeg or cinnamon on top.
Christmas Mimosa Punch
Champagne (or lemonade for a mocktail)
2 cups of orange pineapple juice
2 cups of cranberry juice
2 Granny apples
175g pomegranate seeds
120g fresh cranberries
3 limes, sliced
100g green grapes, halved
– Combine the juices and fruits in a large pitcher or bowl.
– When ready to pour yourself a mimosa, put a sprig of fresh rosemary in your flute.
– Fill your champagne flute halfway with champagne or lemonade, and using a ladle, pour in the juice mixture from the punch bowl.
50ml sparkling lemonade
15ml lime juice
Ice and a cherry, to serve
– Fill a glass with ice and add 15ml of lime juice.
– Pour the advocaat and lemonade over the ice and stir until the glass feels cold.
– Top with a cherry and serve.
150ml ginger beer
Sprig of mint and a wedge of lime to serve
– In a fancy glass of choice, pour in the vodka and load the glass ¾ full of crushed ice.
– Fill the glass to the top with ginger beer and stir.
– Squeeze lime over the top of the glass and serve with a sprig of mint.
Apple Fizz Mocktail
50ml cloudy apple juice
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
Sprig of mint
1 apple, sliced
– In a tall glass with ice and a slice of apple, mix the cloudy apple juice, lemonade, and cinnamon
– Serve with a sprig of mint