Tunnel to Towers Donates 22 Mortgage-Free Homes to US Heroes
For the 22nd anniversary, Tunnel to Towers donates 22 mortgage-free homes to US heroes. It’s hard to believe it was 22 years ago that life as we know it changed forever. A lot has happened in 22 years:
- Selfies are a thing – and widely accepted!
- You don’t have to remember anyone’s phone number anymore. (Nor can you)
- Vinyl came back and CDs haven’t
- Smoking is out of every restaurant
- “Friend” became a verb
A lot has changed, but one thing that will never change is the passion, respect, and love for those who risked and gave their lives on September 11, 2001.
To commemorate the 22nd anniversary of the September 11th attacks, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation (T2T) has done something outstanding. The organization has gifted mortgage-free homes to 22 American heroes and their families.
The recipients include:
- 11 first responders who lost their lives to 9/11-related illnesses
- Five first responders who died from COVID they contracted in the line of duty
- Four first responders who were killed in the line of duty
- One severely injured first responder
- One severely injured military veteran
T2T chairman and CEO Frank Siller, who started the organization to honor his brother FDNY firefighter Stephen Siller and other first responders like him who died on 9/11, says the organization has vowed to “Never Forget” those who “face down any danger to keep us safe.”