Just when you need a dose of nostalgia this holiday season, Old-Fashioned Holiday Weekend launches December 3-5 during Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, thousands of lights illuminate West Chester as it kicks off the second of five weekends packed with holiday fun.
On Friday, Dec.3 the traditional tree lighting ceremony takes place on the steps of the Historic Chester County Courthouse on 2 North High Street. Miss Pennsylvania, Santa, and surprise guests will make an appearance. Enjoy live music from West Chester University Gospel Choir, West Chester University Marching Band, a cappella group Under A Rest, and West Chester Area School District Honors Choir.
Stores will be open late and patrons can enjoy free street level parking. Check out the schedule of events below:
- 6:45P – West Chester University Marching Band kicks off
Opening Remarks (Katie Walker, President of the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce & Ed Breiner, Chair of Chester County Hospital Board of Directors)
- 6:55P — West Chester University a capella group Under a Rest
- 7:00P — Miss Pennsylvania Meghan Sinisi performs baton twirling in one of her final appearances ahead of Miss America competition
- 7:05P — West Chester University Gospel Choir
- 7:15P — West Chester Area School District Honors Elementary Choir
- 7:20P — Santa arrives & gives exclusive interview on Christmas Eve preps
- 7:25P — Tree lighting
- 7:30P — West Chester University Marching Band closes
On Saturday, Dec. 4 visitors from across the region can enjoy the holiday market, music, and more. Check out the schedule of events below:
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Holiday Market and Green Sale at the Chester County History Center on 225 North High Street. Shop in this locally curated market for original items including gifts, green, wreaths and more!
- 11 a.m – 12 p.m. – Little Lincolns Gettysburg Address Competition on the steps of the Historic County Courthouse. Middle school students from across Chester County put on their best Lincoln attire and recite the Gettysburg Address. More info available at the Chester County Community Foundation at chescocf.org
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. & 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – West Chester’s Merrie Minstrels Carolers stroll through the borough and greet visitors.
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series featuring Peirce Middle School/Henderson High School Jazz Bands and Henderson High School Chamber Choir at the Historic Chester County Courthouse on 2 North High Street.
- 2 p.m. & 4 p.m. – Scrooge! Produced by West Chester Dance Works in residence at Diane Matthews School of Dance Arts. Located at West Chester United Methodist Church. Tickets at wcdwscrooge2021.eventbrite.com
- 3PM – Santa blasts through the borough on a fire truck for more small business shoppers