‘Twas the Weekend Before Christmas, and all through the borough, West Chester’s elves make your winter fun thorough! Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester continues for a fourth consecutive weekend with free activities for the whole family to make your spirits bright. Check out the list of activities happening in West Chester this weekend.
Friday, December 17
- Professional Gingerbread House Competition – Come stroll the borough and vote on social media for your favorite professionally designed gingerbread house! Each house celebrates the holidays with a nod to West Chester.
- Cakes and Candies by Maryellen – on display at Sunset Hill Jewelers & Fine Arts Gallery
- John Serock Catering – on display at Bryn Mawr Running Company West Chester
- Master’s Baker – on display at Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Yori’s Bakery – on display at Yori’s Bakery
- Carlino’s Specialty Foods – on display at Carlino’s in West Chester
- 5 p.m. – Lenape Brass Band at Taylor’s Music 116 W Gay St, West Chester
Saturday, December 18
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – FREE Cookie Decorating for Kids and more family fun at Oscar Lasko YMCA (1 E. Chestnut St.). Masks are required for this event and attendees must pre-register for one of eight time slots available. 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- 2 p.m.-4 p.m. – FREE Hot Chocolate and Coffee at M&T Bank at 10 N. High St.
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m. – Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series featuring East High School Choir and Malvern Prep inside the Chester County History Center (2nd floor auditorium) 225 N. High St.
- 3 p.m.-4 p.m. – Santa is Coming for Pictures! Since we don’t want Santa to catch a cold in the rain right before Christmas, he will join us at M&T Bank located at 10 N. High St. for photos! Come see Santa and enjoy a FREE hot chocolate or coffee.
For more details on daily events, visitors should be sure to check an updated schedule at GWCC.org.